WordPress is a popular content management system that allows users to create and publish content on the web. One of the most important features of WordPress is the ability to add featured images to posts and pages. However, sometimes users may face the issue of WordPress featured image not showing up on their website.
There could be several reasons why the featured image is not showing up on your website. Here are some of the most common causes and their solutions:
- Incorrectly set Featured Image: One of the most common reasons for the featured image not showing up is that it is not set correctly. You need to ensure that you have set a featured image for your post or page. To do this, go to the post editor and select the “Featured Image” option from the right-hand sidebar. Then, select the image you want to use as the featured image and click on “Set Featured Image”.
- Theme-related issue: Sometimes, the issue of the featured image not showing up is related to the theme you are using. Some themes may not support featured images, or they may have a specific size or format requirement for the featured image. To fix this, try changing your theme and see if the featured image shows up.
- Plugin Conflict: Another common reason for the featured image not showing up is plugin conflict. Sometimes, plugins that you have installed on your website can interfere with the functionality of the featured image. To troubleshoot this issue, try deactivating all the plugins and see if the featured image shows up. If it does, then reactivate your plugins one by one to identify the culprit.
- Image File Size: WordPress has a default maximum file size limit for images. If your image exceeds this limit, then it may not show up as a featured image. To fix this, you need to resize your image to meet the requirements of WordPress.
- Server-related issue: In some cases, the issue of the featured image not showing up may be related to the server you are using. This can happen if there is an issue with the server configuration or if the server is down. To troubleshoot this issue, contact your web hosting provider and ask them to look into the issue.
The issue of WordPress featured image not showing up can be caused by several factors. By following the above solutions, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue, and ensure that your website displays the featured image as intended.
How to Fix WordPress Featured Image Not Showing
There are several methods you can try to fix this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:
- Verify that a featured image is set for the post or page: The first step to fix the issue is to check whether you have set a featured image for the post or page. To do this, go to the post editor and select the “Featured Image” option from the right-hand sidebar. If no image is set, select an appropriate image and click on “Set Featured Image”.
- Check if the image size is too large: If the image file size is too large, it may not display properly on your website. To fix this, you can try compressing the image or using a smaller image size.
- Verify if the theme supports featured images: Sometimes, the issue may be related to the theme you are using. Check whether your theme supports featured images and ensure that it is properly enabled. You can also try switching to a different theme temporarily to see if the issue is resolved.
- Deactivate all plugins: Plugin conflicts can cause issues with featured images not displaying correctly. To troubleshoot this, deactivate all plugins and check if the featured image is displayed properly. If it is, then reactivate plugins one-by-one to identify the culprit.
- Regenerate thumbnails: Sometimes, issues with featured images not displaying correctly can be resolved by regenerating thumbnails. You can use a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails to regenerate your thumbnails and see if this fixes the issue.
- Clear Cache: If you have a caching plugin installed, try clearing the cache to see if that fixes the issue.
- Contact your hosting provider: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is possible that there is an issue with your hosting provider. Contact them to see if there are any server-related issues causing the problem.